Another Japanese family underwent a name change.
Tatara Morifusa (12th Century)
The Tatara clan were said to have descended from Korean nobility, specifically from a prince in Maekje named Imseong who arrived in Yamaguchi City. While the members of the Ouchi clan have deep pride for this origin story, there is no academic consensus proving their claim.
The Ouchi clan would go on to possess great wealth.
- (Image Attribution) Mukai. “Japanese Crest Oouchi Hisi.” Wikipedia. 19 September 2009. CC BY-SA 1.0.
- “Ouchi clan.” Wikipedia.
- Zhang, Yuling (March 2016). “The Expansion and Specialization of the Matsuri in Regional Cities: Focusing on the Idea of Ohuchi Clan Origins and Its Appropriation in the Yamaguchi Tanabata Lantern Festival” (PDF). Kokusai Bunka Gakubu Kiyō (in Japanese). Yamaguchi Prefectural University. 22 (1): 71–86. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- KBS 역사추적 – 1,400년 만의 귀향, 오우치가의 비밀 / KBS 2009.6.8 방송,
- 下松市史 通史編 (in Japanese). Kudamatsu. 1989. pp. 112–113.
- 近藤清石（Kondō Kiyoshi） (1885). 大内氏実録 (Ōuchi-shi Jitsruroku ).（National Diet Library)